PM Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) 2023 Application Form Online|PM Ujjwala Yojana New Updates|PM Ujjwala Yojana Current Status|PM Ujjwala Yojana Registration Process|
Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY): In India, women make food for the whole family in Kitchen. Still, there are lots of women in villages who are using the traditional way of cooking food. Still, they are using firewood, coal, dung–cakes, etc. as the primary source of cooking. The smoke coming from these fuels causes pollution and also affects the health of women and their children.
The women may suffer from asthma and other respiratory diseases. PM Ujjwala Yojana will help those families to get a new free LPG Gas Connection. All the process of how to get a new LPG Cylinder Free In PM Ujjwala Yojana is given below.
Page Content Points
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)-2023
The government is continuously trying to provide LPG gas cylinders to these women to let them free from using firewood and coal as fuel and save them from diseases. To provide this facility Prime Minister of India launched a scheme for the welfare of these women named Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)which aims to provide clean cooking fuel i.e. LPG to the women of villages and guard their health being ruined from the smoke in kitchens and also from the unsafe areas where they went for collecting firewood.
This scheme was launched by PM on May 1st, 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. Initially, this scheme will provide 5 crore LPG connections to the women of BPL families in the next three years. A budget of Rs.8000 crore has been decided to use for this scheme and the connection is provided in the name of women to empower them in society. The caste census data has been used to identify the needy BPL families for this scheme.
Benefits of the Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) Scheme
- This PMUY scheme helps women to make food easily and fast without the trouble of collecting firewood fuel for the kitchen.
- Ujjwala Yojana helps to save women from the dangerous smoke coming out from wood fuel and save them from diseases.
- This scheme will provide 5 crore LPG connections initially to rural BPL women.
- PM Ujjwala Yojana will provide employment to many people and business opportunities of Rs.10,000 cr. In the next three years and boost the
Highlights Of The New Ujjwala Scheme 2023
- campaign of Make in India. After the launch of this scheme, this scheme has been started in many districts of Gujarat, U.P, and Bihar.
- On Feb.2018 the PM has revised the target of this scheme to 8 crore connections and an additional budget of Rs.4800 crore.
- Which this scheme has been launched in 715 districts of the country
The Prime Minister has also upgraded this scheme.
- In the year 2020 and decided to cover all SC/ST, PMAY(Awas Yojana Gramin), Antyoday Anna Yojana (AAY), Backward Classes, and other poor families.
Eligibility for PMUY Scheme
- This scheme is only for women of families whose age is above 18 years.
- This scheme is only for rural women belonging to the BPL category.
- The applicant must have a savings bank account in any nationalized bank as the subsidy will be deposited in her bank account only
- The family of an applicant should not have had an LPG connection before.
Documents Required for This Scheme
- A person must have a BPL ration card.
- The applicant must have a BPL certificate.
- The applicant must have an updated Aadhar card or voter card.
Recent passport-size photograph.
- To apply for this scheme you must have bank account details.
Current Status and New Updates of Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
- Finance Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman conveys in her first budget speech to achieve the target of 80 million connections under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in the first 100 days of the government.
- Under the threat of Coronavirus, the government of India launched several ‘Garib Kalyan Packages’.
- One of them is, under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, The people who come under Ujjawala Yojana will get LPG cylinders free for three months that is till June 2020 with an estimated cost of Rs 13,000 crore to the government.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)/Scheme 2023
- For a new connection, the women from the BPL family may apply to the nearest LPG distributor by filling in a prescribed format.
- The women should have submitted a detailed address, Jandhan Bank
- Account and Aadhar number of all members of the family.
- The connection will be provided by Oil Companies to the name of the beneficiary women.
- The EMI option is also available and is being adjusted with the subsidy amount.
Helpline Number of PM Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
If someone has any problem and wants to contact PMUY scheme officials, Then they can contact on 24*7 helpline number Given below.
The Helpline Contact Number Is:- 1906